Trying to start something on your own is never easy, even when you give in your best shot. Frankly speaking, more than often individuals fail, but that should not stop you from chasing your dream. If you truly believe in yourself, you must make sure that there is nothing that stops you from achieving this dream, much like what Will Smith told in Pursuit of Happyness “Don’t let somebody ever tell you, you can’t do something. Not even me, you got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period.” Words like these make us realize why we started all of our struggle in the first place, and if you’re seeking for more inspiration, we just wrote about the 3 movies that are bound to ignite the entrepreneurial spirit in you and 3 books by female entrepreneurs which every aspiring startup businessman must read. Here in this post, we’ve put down five quotes by prominent entrepreneurs which will lift your spirits to chase the dream you were seeking.
1. “No growth hack, brilliant marketing idea, or sales team can save you long-term if you don’t have a sufficiently good product.” – Sam Altman, president of Y Combinator and co-founder of Loopt
A consumer or market will look at you for your product and not for the mundane aspects that surround it. Check, re-check and cross-check about your product and analyze how it’d be beneficial to your target audience. Only then, would you have a chance to stand in this highly-competitive business world.
2. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” – Rob Kalin, co-founder of Etsy
This shouldn’t come as a surprise to many, considering the amount of effort that goes into the beginning and end of the project. A person’s true characteristics are seen at times of pressure. Ensure that you don’t succumb to it, and maintain your cool throughout.
3. “Mistakes will not end your business. If you are nimble and willing to listen to constructive criticism you can excel by learning and evolving.” – Meridith Valiando Rojas, co-founder, and CEO of DigiTour Media
There is no point starting anything if you’re scared of the risks that are involved. While you must stick to your core idea, it is extremely important for you to listen to constructive criticism and follow points that can help you build a better brand or product.
4. “Micromanage the process, not the people.” – Joe Apfelbaum, co-founder of Ajax Union
The reason you started something was because you wanted to break free from the shackles of what already existed. To develop something new or eccentric, give your staff the freedom to experiment, which can prove to be profitable for your organization in the long run.
5. “Sustaining a successful business is a hell of a lot of work, and staying hungry is half the battle.” – Wendy Tan White, co-founder, and CEO of MoonFruit
We’ve kept the best one for the last. More than often, startups fail because of loss of vision after achieving something that is minutely scalable. To achieve something tangible and big, one must stay hungry forever to remain on top.
As entrepreneurs, we know how difficult it is to continue chasing our dreams, but nothing should stop us from carrying on. So all the entrepreneurs out there, if you’ve got a story, we’d love to hear you out.
Latest posts by Srikanth Kanchinadham (see all)
- Franchising Your Business Startup Idea? Wait! Read This Before You Proceed - June 29, 2017
- Revolutionising Product Experience with Artificial Intelligence-Story of a Bangalore Startup! - June 22, 2017
- Augmenting Education: Studymarvel’s Founders On How They Are Bringing A Paradigm Shift In Education - June 13, 2017